Wednesday 16 February 2011

February Snowdrops

Snowdrops in Lee, North Devon

Its the time of year when coach loads of garden nuts go out in search of snowdrops, and there is no better place then the Rococo Gardens of Painswick House, managed by my old friend Tim. He has been nurturing with steadfast patience this old garden back to life. It has taken years. I have featured their snowdrops in my new book "The Cotswold Collection" but I have to admit that it was not an easy shot to do. Likewise, I also find a carpet of bluebells tricky to photograph. Far better to have a macro close-up with some misty moisture and rain drops.

Another house well endowed with snowdrops is the Elwes home in Colesbourne open for the odd weekend. The Churn Valley must be one of the most enchanting valleys in England that connects Cheltenham with Cirencester. A fast and dangerous road - I should know. I have had two accidents on it. So, please take care.

It is my intention, nature permitting, to feature a new plant in bloom every week. I have spied some crocuses that await my shutter and lens, and then the following week we should be well in to Daffodil time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...