Sunday 20 February 2011

Visiting London

The Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace and Horse Guards

For a bit of fun, I thought I would illustrate some of the cliched images of London that the hagged tourist may encounter. The Changing of the Guard and other iconic daily events. When I look back on my youth's ambitions it was never to be a train driver or astronaut but a Horse Guard. I loved the sparkling and shiny boots, and the plumed helemts. The ambition lasted until the day I was thrown off a pony and stamped on narrowly missing my testicles!

London will be an ambitious and on-going project to deliver on this Blog. I will illustrate the Villages of London; Chiswick, Hampstead, Kew, Wimbledon etc and value-for-money accommodation, as well as the quirkier sides of this great City. This is just a starter...

A few more images to appear tomorrow...and then I shall be concentrating on:

Cornwall. The Number One holiday destination in the UK. So expect: beaches, surfing, sunshine, Gardens, harbours, luxurious B&Bs, delicious food, the Fruits of the Sea...and so much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...